Our weekend was one of those, "we don't have anything 'planned' but we are still running around like chickens with our heads cut off weekends."
--Our first mission was to finish painting the baby's room. It's pretty much done, and my husband loves it much more than the first time! (I love it too, but we messed up on it the first time, and Dane said he thought it looked like Dr. Seuss--not in a good way, so we had to FIX that!) Pictures to come when we get it all put together! :) We are getting more and more excited for this baby to come! Time will FLY, I'm sure!
--Our Second Mission: Find me some MATERNITY clothes. What a mission this was. They should call this mission IMPOSSIBLE! Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating a little, but really for a first timer, I don't think so. Here is how it all went down. Last weekend, I walk into Express to check out the post Christmas deals. At 4 months-ish pregnant, mind you...I try on some clothes, in my original size. News flash: my "size" does not even fit over my chest anymore! That was THE WORST experience I have ever had in a dressing room, and the girls next to me kept saying, "Oh, I don't know about this one. It looks kind of MATERNITY." I wanted to scream, "Well, ladies, pass that maternity looking shirt over here! I NEED it!" Needless to say, I refuse to try on any of my size shirts and pants until post this baby coming out of me! :) After my experience of realization at Express, I saw a glimmering sign of serendeptiy that said "GAP MATERNITY 25% OFF" Yes! Thank You, Jesus!
I walk into THE GAP and who other than a MALE SALESMAN is sitting in the MATERNITY section. Really, a man. I love the male gender and all that. They are some fabulous creatures, but really, in the maternity section...my first time going. I just about blew up and cried all in one--Thank your pregnancy hormones and all! Anyway, I tried on some clothes and thought they felt like HEAVEN! literally! Of course, I couldn't rush into these things though. So, I didn't buy anything.
So, this weekend, I was bound and determined to find some things, so I could feel more comfortable. Well, I did find a few things, which is nice, but here are my thoughts/questions.
*Do all Maternity pants bunch up like that in the butt, or is it just me?
*When I get bigger will these things stop falling down?
*Don't try on "the belly" without a good girl friend to cry and laugh with in the dressing room. "That thing only adds three months? I'll get BIGGER than this?" Oh, boy! Kind of daunting, but surely all for a good and beautiful cause! :)
*Will I ever find jeans that fit?
Other than that, I'm quite happy with the purchases I've made so far!
--Don't worry, while I was maternity clothes shopping, Dane was not sitting in agony outside the dressing room, although I'm sure he would have if I would have asked. He was shopping for home improvement stuff. THAT keeps him busy for hours
1 :)
--The weekend ended beautifully--other than the fact that it ended--with a trip to see The Iowa Energy semi-pro basketball team at Wells Fargo Arena. It was a fun time, a little something different for a sweet date night--and we would highly recommend going to one of these games if you are in the area! :)
Happy Monday All!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

i can answer all of your questions with a simple answer: yes. except for the last one. after you have the baby, nothing fits. enjoy! ;]
ReplyDelete