Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Baby Love

We just got back from a doctor's appointment for the baby. I am happy to say everything seems to be going well. I always love my appointments. Yes, they are kind of boring...pee in a cup, weight, blood pressure, questions~all that jazz~but what I really love is HEARING THE BABY'S HEARTBEAT. I surprisingly tend to be a pretty laid back first-timer (judging from the stories I hear). However, sometimes I still worry, so it is nice to get that heartbeat of reassurance. It's like hearing the baby say, "Everything's good in here! Don't worry, Mom!" I love it!

Our ultrasound should be in about 2 weeks! Yay, I'm so excited to see this little one! I am pretty sure we are not going to find out the baby's gender at the ultrasound. We are going to let it be a SURPRISE on the baby's birthday. At first, I was not too excited about that. I am the planner of the family, and Dane told me I could do what I wanted; however, I had the sense that he wanted to wait. So, wait we shall! As much as I hate waiting, I kind of like it because I am naturally a very impatient person (I was the kid who found all my Christmas presents no matter where mom "hid" them.) and it is kind of like a game to me to see if I can really hold out until the end. In about two weeks, I'll let you know if I cave at the ultrasound or not.


In other news~I've been wanting to share this recipe, but never knew the right place to put it~Well, this might not be the "right" place, but I'll share it here anyway. http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Panzanella-Panini/Detail.aspx I love this panini, and it is so simple to make. Also, for all you meat-eaters out there..adding a little turkey isn't such a bad idea either.

No comments:

Post a Comment