Monday, August 24, 2009

Exodus 33:12-17


Dane and I have had the opportunity to begin a new Bible study, which is the BEST Bible study I have ever done. It is called The Great Adventure a Journey through the Bible: The Bible Timeline with Jeff Cavins.
I say this is the best Bible study I have ever done because it is presented in chronological order--through the narrative books of the bible--the other supplemental books are presented as supplementals. In other words, this study helps you to read the Bible as a story and not loose the ACTION! Along with the workbook, there are study questions and answers so you can study on your own as well as in the group. I love it because I answer the questions presented, but also go where The Spirit leads. Wow, am I falling more in love with Jesus every day! Although, I may have read these things at other times, they hit me in new ways each time I read them.

This is my most recent find:

Exodus 33:12-17 (New American Bible)
Moses said to the LORD, "You, indeed, are telling me to lead this people on; but you have not let me know whom you will send with me. Yet you have said, 'You are my intimate friend,' and also, 'You have found favor with me.'
Now, if I have found favor with you, do let me know your ways so that, in knowing you, I may continue to find favor with you. Then, too, this nation is, after all, your own people."
"I myself," the LORD answered, "will go along, to give you rest."
Moses replied, "If you are not going yourself, do not make us go up from here.
For how can it be known that we, your people and I, have found favor with you, except by your going with us? Then we, your people and I, will be singled out from every other people on the earth."
The LORD said to Moses, "This request, too, which you have just made, I will carry out, because you have found favor with me and you are my intimate friend."



WOW! How awesome is this? Just as these things were true for Moses, they can be true for us.
--First, we can and are called to be The Lord's intimate friend. We are called to spend time with Him and get to know him through reading His word, prayer, and attendance at and participation in church.

--We should seek to find favor with the Lord though loving Him and obeying his Commandments along with loving and serving our neighbor.

--If we strive to find favor with the Lord, He will show us His will. It is his DESIRE TO MAKE HIS WILL KNOWN TO US his people, so we may live holy, God-honoring lives. God is not trying to keep his will a secret from us. He wants us to seek him so that we know and can participate fully in His will.

--God will go along with us wherever we are and wherever we are going in life. He will give us rest/peace in doing his will. We can do nothing if the Lord does not go with us, but he promises to be with us and to never forsake us.

So remember no matter what happens, even if we aren't perfect, if we only try to be God's intimate friend and participate fully in a relationship with him and his people He will Bless us in more ways than we can imagine. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment