
As you can tell, I haven't written in a while. Not because I don't like to write, simply because I was trying to decide if I liked this blogging thing/I didn't have it all figured out. Who knew that people were leaving comments on my blog? Not me, obviously. Sorry Kristin and Diane, just got your comments from long ago...TODAY! :) Well, now that I've got more time to put toward this, hopefully it will be a more updated and FUN blog! We shall see.
Well, we made it back to Iowa and moved into an apartment. Then, we purchased a house near Des Moines. YAY! I love being a home owner. Even though my mom would not believe it, I truly do like taking out the trash (just have to walk it to the curb) and mowing the lawn. (However, I refuse to mow the front. Dane has to do that. These people in the "city" are really picky about their lawns.) I also think the city of Des Moines is great! It's small enough for small town charm, yet big enough to have things to do! (The picture is from the sellers. We haven't taken our own yet. We need to get on that, but here's the outside of it anyway.)
After we made it back to Iowa, I began substitute teaching for the West Des Moines, Urbandale, and Johnston school districts. I love subbing because I get to teach all day, but I don't have to bring any work home. I get to come home and be a WIFE, which is my favorite job of all! :)
Dane started working at the John Deere IVS (Intelligent Vehicle Systems) factory in Urbandale. As far as I know, he enjoys his job. He works with launching new products and solves problems with them before they are released.
This summer we have enjoyed hanging out with friends and family as well as spending time with one another. Thank you to all who have graced us with your presence in our new home. We love having people over. Those of you who have not been over, why not? You are always welcome! :)

My little freshman is a home owner!!!! Oh my! It feels like just yesterday you were so homesick and living right nextdoor! God is sooooo good. Im thrilled to hear about your life and all that is happening! Congrats on everything!
ReplyDelete